About the Role
We’re The Verve Group and we’re on a mission to change the face of finance. We’re a fast-growing team, 70 staff and counting, building industry-changing technology used by financial advice firms across the U.K.
As a Product Manager in our growing technology department, you’ll be a part of the team leading the discovery, planning and launch of features for our new SaaS platform, which we’re building from the ground up with modern technology.
We work on a hybrid model, meaning three days per week in the office (we’re based in Darlington).
As a Product Manager in our team, you’ll work with a wide range of people, from our resources team through to product designers and developers. We predominantly use Notion and GitHub for roadmaps, documentation and monitoring product releases.
We understand that everyone’s career path is different and no two roles are the same, so whilst we don’t expect you to have knowledge of all of the below, here’s some of what we’re looking for from the ideal candidate;
- Able to lead internal discovery sessions with key stakeholders, collecting feedback and ideas.
- Able to communicate directly with our clients to communicate updates and collect feedback.
- Able to scope new features, document bugs and communicate releases.
- Able to coordinate developer stand ups and manage ongoing development of the project.
- Able to plan workload with SMART in mind.
- Knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in a tech-enabled company.
- Willingness to learn further about financial services.
The Verve Group is combined of a number of companies, including Para-Sols (an outsourced paraplanning company), Apricity Compliance (providing compliance support to advisers), The Art of Finance (which provides training courses for those looking to develop a career in financial services) and finally, The Verve Foundation (a not-for-profit that invests in the future of finance). The Group of companies all work towards the same two missions; to help support good quality financial advice firms to grow and develop, and to attract new people into financial services and help train them up, for the good of the future of finance.
Across all companies, we approach financial services with a fun and positive outlook and offer a range of benefits to permanent employees to ensure our staff feel supported and motivated. We reward loyalty and offer enhanced benefits to long-service employees, but as standard (once you’ve successfully completed your 6 month probation) these include…
- Hybrid working, two days per week working remotely.
- 26 days holiday (including days off at Christmas) PLUS bank holidays AND your birthday off (if it falls on a weekday)
- Personalised salary structure to reflect your own effort and contribution
- Death in Service cover
- Personal Development budget (for exams, training, anything to help you excel!)
- Company Pension Scheme
What makes us different benefits
- Health and Wellbeing programme, including hoodie, drinks bottle and fitness tracker
- Office snacks and refreshments
- Open plan ‘living office’ environment – including rocking (or sometimes dubious) playlists, beer/wine fridge, breakout lounge and breakfast club
- 2 official annual company parties, plus ad hoc team nights out.
- Office dogs – we’re not a place for people scared of dogs!
- Did we mention there’s no lock on the beer/wine fridge?!