About the Role
This role is remote with one day per month working from our Darlington HQ.
We’re growing our development team with roles open for senior developers as part of our biggest push yet to develop industry-changing online software.
As a senior member of the team, you’ll be leading the work on building areas of the new Verve platform from the ground up, bringing together all of our services and creating a single SaaS solution for our clients, as well as improving our group from within with new internal tech.
We work with a range of technologies - here’s an idea of what you’ll be working with;
- PHP – we currently work with Laravel.
- REST APIs.
- Git Version Control.
At The Verve Group and as developers, we share a common goal of developing to make a difference, but each of us is different, too. We have different strengths, aims and ideas. Here’s some of the additional skills and areas that you’ll experience as part of the team (if you’ve already got experience in some, great!);
- Project Management.
- Experience of MVC.
- Understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Ability to manage time and tasks.
Above all, we love someone with a positive attitude who likes a challenge and isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and get on with the job!
The Verve Group is combined of a number of companies, including Para-Sols (an outsourced paraplanning company), Apricity Compliance (providing compliance support to advisers), The Art of Finance (which provides training courses for those looking to develop a career in financial services) and finally, The Verve Foundation (a not-for-profit that invests in the future of finance). The Group of companies all work towards the same two missions; to help support good quality financial advice firms to grow and develop, and to attract new people into financial services and help train them up, for the good of the future of finance.
Across all companies, we approach financial services with a fun and positive outlook and offer a range of benefits to permanent employees to ensure our staff feel supported and motivated. We reward loyalty and offer enhanced benefits to long-service employees, but as standard (once you’ve successfully completed your 6 month probation) these include…
- Remote working, one day per month spent in office.
- 26 days holiday (including days off at Christmas) PLUS bank holidays AND your birthday off (if it falls on a weekday)
- Personalised salary structure to reflect your own effort and contribution
- Death in Service cover
- Personal Development budget (for exams, training, anything to help you excel!)
- Company Pension Scheme
What makes us different benefits
- Health and Wellbeing programme, including hoodie, drinks bottle and fitness tracker
- Office snacks and refreshments
- Open plan ‘living office’ environment – including rocking (or sometimes dubious) playlists, beer/wine fridge, breakout lounge and breakfast club
- 2 official annual company parties, plus ad hoc team nights out.
- Office dogs – we’re not a place for people scared of dogs!
- Did we mention there’s no lock on the beer/wine fridge?!